East Central Community College Admissions looks forward to having you as part of our Warrior family! Please review the admissions requirements below to find out what you will need to be admitted! We are dedicated to helping students achieve their educational and career goals by providing guidance, support, and resources throughout the admissions process. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to pursue their dreams, and we are committed to making the admissions process as easy and accessible as possible.

We understand that choosing a college is a big decision, and we want to ensure that you have all the information you need to make an informed choice. Whether you are a high school student, a transfer student, or an adult learner, we are here to help you navigate the admissions process and make the most of your college experience as a Warrior!

Bridgett Hitt | Director of Admissions and Records

Laura Ryals | Assistant Director of Admissions and Records

Melissa Holekamp | Admissions and Records Clerk - Transcript Specialist | Coordinator of Veteran Affairs and Enrollment Services

Jennette Winham | Admissions and Records Clerk-Application Specialist


Q:    How long will it take for my ECCC Application for Admissions to be processed?
A.    The Admissions Office processes incoming applications in the order in which they are received. Acceptance may depend on receipt of relevant transcripts, test scores, or other required documents. In general, we will work to send an Incomplete Letter outlining documents still needed for acceptance after allowing 7-10 days for receipt of transcripts or placement scores. 

Q:    Can I check on my application status in the event my application package is incomplete?
A:    Yes. Your Incomplete Letter includes your My.EC ID and password, and instructions for logging into myEC ( with an internet browser to monitor ECCC’s receipt and processing of transcripts, placement scores, and other required documents:
(1) Login to  
(2) Click on the Admissions tab
(3) Click on My Admissions Information
(4) Select View Documents.

Q:    I have forgotten my myEC login.  How do I retrieve this?
A:    Go to and use the Forgot Password link. 

Q:    If I am transferring to ECCC, are transcripts from prior colleges required?
A:    For transfer acceptance, official transcripts from ALL previous colleges and universities are required, whether or not credits from all colleges are transferred. 

Q.    I have requested my transcript(s) be sent to ECCC. How can I check to see if it has been received?
A.  Follow these steps to login and check the status of transcript or other pending admissions documents:
(1) Login to https//
(2) Click on the Admissions tab
(3) Click on My Admissions Information
(4) Select View Documents. Here you can check the status of your transcript(s).

Q:    If I am transferring to ECCC, what credits will be transferred?
A:    ECCC will transfer all transferable credits with grades of “C” or better.  In some cases, “D” grades may be transferred if included in a body of academic work with an overall 2.0 GPA or higher. This decision is discretionary in the judgment of the Office of Admissions and Records. Only coursework for which there is a comparable course offered at ECCC will be transferred.

Q:    I have attended ECCC in the past and am returning.  Do I need to apply again?
A:    Yes. In order to be re-admitted to ECCC, students who have either graduated from ECCC or have had a break in enrollment should complete the Readmission Application.

Q:    I am an ECCC graduate and would like to return.  Can I do this?
A:    Certainly.  One important thing to understand is that a degree program cannot be repeated. If the student is returning to enter into a different degree program than was obtained previously, in many cases (depending on certain progress factors), the student is eligible for federal financial aid upon return.  A caveat can emerge related to the Associate of Arts/Science in Liberal Arts, the College’s baccalaureate transfer program of study. If the student has already been conferred this degree by ECCC, in most situations in order to take additional Liberal Arts courses upon return, the student will be classified as Non-Degree Seeking and will not be eligible for federal financial aid. If the Liberal Arts graduate is returning to enter into an A.A.S. (career or technical, including nursing) or certificate program, the student will usually be eligible for federal financial aid.

Q:    Once I have received an acceptance letter, can I register for classes online?
A:    New students with less than 12 career hours earned at ECCC must see a counselor/advisor to register. After 12 hours have been earned, students may register themselves using myEC.

Q:    Is my residency in-state or out-of-state?
A:    The residency of a student less than 21 years of age is that of the parent(s) or legal guardian. A student demonstrating graduation from a Mississippi secondary school and who spent no less than the final four (4) years of secondary school in Mississippi will be considered in-state. Students with out-of-state high school transcripts whose residency has moved to Mississippi must prove residency with two (2) documents such as a Mississippi driver license, tax returns, utility bills, etc. in order to be charged in-state tuition. Students needing to prove in-state residency should come to the Office of Admissions and Records to submit documentation. There are special circumstances, such as accommodations for military personnel, for which the student should likewise come to the Office of Admissions and Records to cover with admissions personnel.

Q:    I have submitted an Application for Admission but would like to edit some part of that submission.  How may I do this?
A:    Use the email form on our Contact Us page and explain the edit in question. Please identify yourself by name and last 4 digits of social security number.

Q:    How do I change my major?
A:    Login to your myEC web portal and use the Major Change Form found under the Student tab and My Academic Information on the left page menu.